Tuesday, July 10, 2007

At Monet's Gardens


Coming out after painting in the garden, closed except to the workers and gardeners.

My painting of Monet's House


On Monday, I was honored to be able to paint in Monet's Gardens while the gardens were closed to the public. I was nearly shaking with excitement at the prospect. In the morning, I completed a painting of the famous lily pond and in the afternoon, I finished a piece focusing on the famous man's house. I have a huge number of photographs to bring back to the studio and many paintings to go.

France is very rainy and cold this July and the residents are complaining that they will miss the summer entirely. However, I was blessed with good weather in Monet's Gardens and have had enough sun to complete 7 paintings so far.

C'est la vie!

Catherine Hillis

No comments: